Adding a Little Luxury to a Tiny Bathroom

Ok, so I have a postage stamp sized bathroom–you can actually reach all four walls by standing in the middle! That being said, decorating can be a challenge. It’s hard to not make it feel so utilitarian.
Being obsessed with Pinterest, I ran across this picture and fell in love with the idea.
Obviously this persons bathroom is a lot bigger than mine, since they can actually get a picture of the whole length of the curtains in one shot! haha
Luckily, our apartment does have high ceilings, I figured if I couldn’t make the bathroom feel larger, I could show off its height. I had some long, muslin curtains that were just sitting in my closet so I bought a gray tension rod and hung them at ceiling height. The only problem with this project was the fact that shower liners aren’t made as long–so I couldn’t get rid of that extra tension rod in the middle.
I think the yards and yards of muslin not only add height, but some romance to such a tiny place. I also love having two separate curtains, it seems to add the luxe factor.
Here’s a couple of other detail shots of the other things I’ve done.
Hope this inspires you to add a little extra luxury to your bathroom!
http://29tuesdays.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/adding-a-little-luxury-to-a-tiny-bathroom/
adding a little luxury to a tiny bathroom, bathroom ideas, home decor, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Yep, it's that small!
Yep, it's that small!
This is an old dresser drawer I found at a flea market, they lined it with old Census data.
Inspiration!
Inspiration!
A fantastic gift I received from a friend–a scrapped clock!

Blythe Brownlow

• Heartbeat

your bathroom is the same size as mine. But my walk in shower is across from the sink and toilet. I can reach the shower door with my feet, while sitting down ;)

• Debbie

For me I think the toilet tissue would be better placed in your neat shelf or on top. They would be dryer. I am a mess at the sink.