Anna Ibarra
Anna Ibarra
  • San Antonio, TX

My Threads New Home...

Like many of you who sew, we have so many threads and not enough room to house them. I saw a few inspirations on Pinterest/Hometalk that I had to try. Well my try failed but then I had some things that I end up trying instead.
A clearanced frame I love and had to buy. Not sure how to use it.
Those wooden frame to use to mod-podge stuff to, $2. at Goodwill.
Put them together and It worked both ways.  This is the back-I needed lots of nails for my threads.
Put them together and It worked both ways. This is the back-I needed lots of nails for my threads.
I decided to make a drawing of a spool of thread.  Hand done, but so easy. Then I nailed lots of nails.
I decided to make a drawing of a spool of thread. Hand done, but so easy. Then I nailed lots of nails.
Took up a notch and spray painted the nails, it was easier to do it this way to get them all painted. Newspaper to protect the frame
I spaced enough room to put my threads.  I already had a wired thread spool.
I spaced enough room to put my threads. I already had a wired thread spool.
All done.
All done.
On wall of my sewing room, below is my wired spool holder- I bought years and years ago in hopes to one day have a sewing room.
All up and ready to be displayed, but now you can't see my hand drawn spool.  Woomp! woomp! Oh it works.
All up and ready to be displayed, but now you can't see my hand drawn spool. Woomp! woomp! Oh it works.

• Carol

my husband made me a pegboard for thread and notions. He put a frame on the back so it stood out from the wall so I could use the various pegboard hooks and holders that he bought me at the hardware store. He also redrilled the holes at a slant along the sides and top and inserted cut dowel pieces for thread and bobbins. For some, he skipped every other hole and offset the next row so the space would hold larger spools of threas. it was so handy to hang scissors and special sewing tools on. Before that he spied an old treadle sewing machine put out for the trash man. He loaded it in his car and brought it home. The sewing machine was rusted solid but the base was still good. He cut and shaped pieces of wood to the top (where the old machine was) to. Fit my sewing macline. The treddle was great with my foot peddle underneath. I could press almost anywhere on the treddle and sew. I still have it but now have a newer sewing table. I also picked up an old treddle singer for the old cabinet at a yard sale so hopefully someday he will be able to fit the two together. If you search Pinterest for craft or sewing rooms there are a ton of ideas to organize your room.

• Carol

I agree. My hubby built my sewing peg board many years ago. We have been married almost 52 years now and He just turned 79 so there is not too much DIY now-a-days. We are currently working on a pegboard for sorting and storing jewelry. I hope we finish it before we die. My Husband used to translate my ideas into finished products. But now he just says it can't be done. If I want something now, I have to do it myself or forget it. i definately miss those days when my wish was his command. LOL!

• Bellazaar Bellazaar

Cute. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Anna Ibarra

@Bellazaar Bellazaar Thank you, I get inspired often thru here and online DIY sites.