Wine Barrel Garden Art

Here is a fun and easy craft to add some zest to your garden (or really anywhere in your home). Simply grab some old wine barrel rings and you can add some industrial rustic edge to your space. I snagged these rings at the swap meet for pretty inexpensive but you can also find them online on Craigslist pretty often too. You can even buy a wine barrel and that is a whole barrel of crafts that will certainly keep you busy!! I made a few of these and placed them around the entry to our house, I love the look of sculptures with hard and soft lines contrasting with the plants and color- tee hee the Landscape Architect in me is coming out….
http://zestitup.com/wine-barrel-garden-art/
Photo cred:
Anya McInroy
http://www.anyamcinroy.com/home
Start by positioning your rings for the perfect look and functionality. You want all your rings to be pretty snug in each other. Once you have the right fit, take your clamps to hold that position and grab your drill. Drill a hole through the base. (my hubby helped with this, we put a piece of wood under the rings to help with stability and not drill to the ground)
Slide your bolt through and secure tightly.
Ahh I am in love!!
xo
Sam

• 3 wine barrel metal rings
  • Drill bit
  • Bolt Clamps

Zest it Up

• Glen Roff

are all 3 rings the same diameter to start with?

• Cathy Magan

Is there an alternative to wine barrel bands to make this?

I LOVE my wine & whisky barrels & wouldn't compromise the look of them by taking off their most unique feature...the rusty awesome bands! & barrels are a bit expensive to buy new OR old. But I totally want to make this garden sphere!

• Dee

i AM GOING TO MAKE SIMILIAR ONES BY USING HULA HOOPS. WILL SECURE TOGETHER WITH WIRE, OR ZIP TIES. PAINT TO MATCH MY YARD THEME (teal), and will try using the u shaped landscaping hooks to secure to the ground. I know they want look as authenic as the whisky barrels, but worth a try. buy hula hoops at dollar tree for $1.00 each, and have your own orbs spheres.