How to Make a Pumpkin Wreath

Well my friends, Fall is near!! Can I get an amen?! I’ve not been a huge fan of this Georgia heat this year, so I am welcoming Fall with open arms… Oh and with this DIY deco mesh pumpkin wreath!!
how to make a deco mesh pumpkin wreath, crafts, doors, how to, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
Super cute right? I’m going to show you how EASY it is to make a pumpkin wreath of your own with this little tutorial… Let’s get our pumpkin on!
(Shout out to my friend + assistant – Amy Howard of Amy Howard Social for her help on this lil’ pumpkin. Not only is she a Pinterest + social media wiz, she makes wreaths of all kinds, check her out y’all!) http://www.amyhowardsocial.com
There are MANY options for fall wreaths and door decor, but I opted to make a festive pumpkin wreath!
Supplies Needed:
20″ wire wreath form, (1) 21″ x 30″ roll of orange deco mesh, orange chenille stems, glue gun.
optional: ribbon of choice for stem, green deco mesh for pumpkin leaves, natural colored raffia, wreath hanger.
So, the first step is adding your orange chenille stems to your wreath form.
Put 7 stems on the top half and put 7 stems along the bottom.
This is the “pattern” that you will follow.
Just tightly twist them onto the “front” (rounded side) of the wreath form.
Once all 14 of your stems are in place, HOT GLUE them into place.
Seriously, don’t skip this step. If you do, your stems will be super flimsy and move way too easily. We want the deco mesh to be super secure.
After the glue has dried enough to keep your stems in place, we are ready to add the orange deco mesh! To start, gather your orange mesh – leave about a 12″ “fish tail” for extra poof that will be tucked into your wreath later.
Now, gather or pinch your mesh together – accordian style.
You will start with your top right chenille stem and then move to the bottom right stem. (accordian style) Twist your stems tightly to hold the mesh in place.
From here, gather your mesh and go to the top of the wreath.
Your third point of attachment will be the one directly beside the first point of attachment. Gather/pinch your mesh onto this chenille stem and be sure to poof your mesh while connecting. (ya’ll know us southern gals like poof)
You will continue this “up and down” pattern from the right to the left of the wreath form. Remember to make the center of your pumpkin more full than the outsides. Just continue to gather/pinch until you complete all of the chenille stems. (Don’t cut the mesh at any point along the way)
Once you have completed adding your mesh, leave another 12″ or so “fish tail” that you can tuck to the back of the wreath to add more poof.
To hide your chenille stems, just wrap them around the wire form (this adds stability) or hide them on the back. Next, we need to add the “leaves” and stem!
To do this, just simply loop your green deco mesh like you would when making a bow. I did two sets of loops on each side. Then, tie the middle of your leaves with an orange chenille stem – from there, cut your loops vertically! I cut a piece of burlap ribbon to use for the pumpkin stem, as well as added natural colored raffia. Attach with another orange chenille stem.
Isn’t she a festive fall beauty? You may have to poof, adjust, and play around with the shape of your mesh to look more like a pumpkin shape…
I placed her a few places around the studio… she really spices up the place!
Oh and yes, I painted the chair above with Velvet Finishes furniture paint…you knew you could paint leather with Velvet Finishes didn’t you?
You can see more on that, here --> http://www.designasylumblog.com/diy-painting-leather-with-velvet-finishes/
http://www.velvetfinishes.com
I hope that you enjoyed this deco mesh pumpkin wreath tutorial and feel inspired to make your own! If you have any questions, please comment below.
I’m off to drink something pumpkiny and enjoy my new DIY deco mesh pumpkin wreath!

• Deco Mesh (orange & lime green)  (Hobby Lobby)
  • 20" Wire Wreath Form  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Orange Chenille Stems  (Hobby Lobby)

Kellie from Design Asylum Blog

• Linda Fields

Can you do a video or tuturial too many people ate very visual. I for one?

• Jessica Cossin

Do you think you can sub in burlap for the mesh? I have a ton of different colored burlap... Thank you for such an easy to understand wreath! It looks amazing & doable, can't wait to give it a shot!

• Lisa House

Very nice!

• Debbie Green

That is adorable. I had to read the directions twice before understanding and hey LIGHTS INSIDE would be great!! Thanks so much for the idea!!