Fall Felted Acorns

$6

In true honor of fall I thought I should make some autumn feelin' things. Though these are probably mostly used for home decor I will most likely use them as gift decorators considering I love making packages look extra decked out when I wrap them. These felted acorns are just plain cute and super simple to make! I gathered some acorn caps from a great oak tree in the park and rolled some wool roving into balls, glued them together and soon had a bowl full of cute little acorns!
I think I might have to put these cute little creations on some Christmas gifts. Think of how sweet they would look glittering with a big bow!
Until Christmas they will make a cute little fall feelin' bowl filler. These things were practically free to make. I know the cost says $6, but that was for an entire bag of wool roving. There were 4 of those rounds pictured in the supplies section in the bag I bought and I barely used any so I have loads left for future projects!
SUPPLIES: -Bowl of soapy water -Hot Glue -Acorn Caps -School Glue -Glitter -Wool Roving
STEP 1: Pull off a small tuft of wool roving.
STEP 2: Roll your piece of roving into a small ball.
STEP 3: Dip your wool ball into a bowl of soapy water. (A good dose of soap really helps)
STEP 4: Roll the ball between your hands until it compresses and becomes small and sticks together in a spherical form.
STEP 5: If there are any lumpy spots on the wool ball you can pull off another small piece of wool, wet it in the soap water and wrap it around the ball to smooth out any rough spots. Set your wool ball(s) aside and allow them to dry.
STEP 6: Take some glue and paint it onto your acorn caps. Sprinkle some glitter onto the cap. And allow to dry.
STEP 7: Place a dab of hot glue into the acorn cap and press the wool ball into the glue.
You can make these in loads of colors to fit any room in the house! You can also leave off the glitter or spray paint them if you would like!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Wool Roving  (Michael's)
  • Acorn Caps  (The Park)
  • Glitter  (Had on Hand)

Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk

• Jade

What is wool roving and where do you find it?

• Joanne murphy

it is sold in yarn shops and craft shops and is real wool that has been cleaned and carded. It is this wool roving that one uses when they start to spin wool into yarn. If you know any spinners they often have it for sale. Usually in small bags dyed in different colors for making crafts, spinning into yarn and for needlepunch crafting, (examples). I have found it a fabric stores too.

• Moosie

Can you use cotton balls? These are really warm and holiday feeling!

• Too4295381

Wool Roving is wool that has been gently spun to form puffy rope, strands so you can work with it as you please. Cotton balls do not have the natural hook like fibers which is what Wool Roving has. When wet/soap and shaping, this causes the wool fibers to "lock" into itself & hold shape. Hope this helps.

• Betty

how did you color them

• Giselle

So cute!

• Jessica Cossin

I think acorns are the best! My parents have a large Oak tree in their yard that gets overloaded w/them every Fall. I used to collect buckets full of acorns, now I do it with my 2 kids!