How to Make a Vintage Sign

Painting a vintage looking sign is quite easy. This is my first attempt to create something like this and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.
It started with an old piece of tongue and groove pine.
I lightly sanded the edges to get any of the "raw" pieces off and then gave it a coat of ASCP in Old White
Then I printed out the words I wanted "Farm fresh Eggs" and traced it onto the board using carbon paper. Then I painted in the letters using a fine brush.
A coat of clear wax, some light sanding to distress it and then some dark wax to give it an antique look. It was done in less than an hour (excluding drying time).
Heather (New House New Home)

• Mar5360568

Where do you go to get big letters to print?

• I created a word document with the letters being the size I wanted. Cut it out and then used it as a stencil. Since doing this project, I've purchased a Cricut cutting machine which makes this job a lot easier.

• Eric

What's ASCP?

• Sherrie

Cute Cute!

• LeAnne

Love this! You make it look nice and easy. I've got some old wood that's been waiting on me to decide what to do with it. :) Thanks for the great idea!

• @LeAnne Thanks, LeAnne. It still hangs above the bay window in my kitchen and I love it just as much as I did when I made it a couple years ago.