Marsha
Marsha
  • Douglas, WY

Plain to Creative ~ Checkerboard Garden Shed~

We were in a hurry to have a storage building for our garden things so we bought one of those plastic ones at the big box stores and built it on a wood base. As you can see from the inset picture... cute but just too plain. So what's an artist to do? Well paint it of course.
I love checkerboard designs and thought it would be a wonderful touch to see through the garden gate, accented with the colors of grass and flowers surrounding it. Bold yet simple.
I think it was a success. I hope it inspires you to put a touch of checkerboard in your garden area or kitchen or anywhere that calls to you (risers of a stair case, kitchen shelf, old stool, above the ground garden boxes... ).
The photos show you insets of how to do it. For larger pictures and more detail go to myblog at http://www.ittyandme.blogspot.com/ or website at www.ittyandme.com or email me at marsha@ittyandme.com.
I'd like to share a 'good thing' with you. I have used the 'blue tape' for my artistic creations for years. I recently bought some WOWSER am I impressed. Yes it's more expensive than the blue, but it gives you such sharp lines, every time. I'm totally sold on it. I did a test with it to see if I could be careless and still achieve sharp lines. Absolutely I can. I will try and post that test on my blog. I took photos of the testing process. I am not affiliated with Frog Tape and had never used it before but you know us girls, when we find something good, we just have to share. I hope you give it a try, it's forever for me.
plain to creative checkerboard garden shed, outdoor living, painting

Marsha

I'm sure most people would have paid no attention to the base a shed was set on. But, as your post shows, it's all about the details.

• GranArt

this is very nice! love the checkerboard pattern....