How to clean under the glass top of an electric stove top?

+4
I'm not sure of the name brand of the stove but you must be able to get under the glass top to clean the burns and skuz without getting electrocuted.
  • Karen Johnson Spanton Karen Johnson Spanton on Sep 11, 2016
    If you have a glass top stove, all the dirt will be on top of the glass, not under it. The top does not lift up or remove. Try using a razor blade, held at an angle, to scrape off the burnt on food. There are also specific cleaners you can buy at any Walmart or home improvement store specifically made for glass top stoves.

• Phil a Phil a on Sep 11, 2016
    Baked on oils and grease can be annoying. You need to use a gentle, skin friendly, but effective de-greaser. The razor blades will remove the majority of the krud. If you have it available, you can use baby oil or mineral oil to dissolve the baked on grease spots and wipe them off. Then any left on Baby Oil/Mineral Oil is easily cleaned up with a Simple Green / 409 type cleaner. Phil

• DORLIS DORLIS on Sep 12, 2016
    I sometimes add salt or baking soda as an abrasive to help get difficult spots off. Best to keep an eye on what you are cooking and dop't let it boil over and keep on a low to medium heat.

• 153091 153091 on Sep 12, 2016
    They should sell a cleaner at the store of your stove purchase. I know Lowes sells a cleaner for glass top stoves.

• Paddi Paddi on Jun 25, 2017
    What if the black stain is 'under' the glass top..I've tried everything to clean this area, but it seems to be in the glass itself..don't know how to fix this

• Granniverne Granniverne on Jan 02, 2019

Whirlpool accurate free standing stove glass top. Grease and oil build up between top and stove base. Unable to get in between area to remove grime