Split-leaf Philodendron in N. Georgia: Can it survive the winter?

+22
I have this philodendron that I purchased from Lowe's (I think) in the spring. The directions said to plant it in the ground and called it a shrub. I didn't pay attention and put it in a pot. Now, it has grown pretty large and I have roots reaching all over the place and creepind down through my deck. I'm thinking about moving it to my front yard but I don't recall ever seeing a plant like this in any other landscapes around here or at any other nurseries. I read that it is found in zones 10 and up, where the winters rarely reach below 40 degrees.
I don't want it to die but it's so big and the roots growing out of the pot is crazy! I'm afraid if I bring it in the house, my dogs might get interested in the roots. Any ideas? Has anyone out there moved this kind of philodendron in the house and managed it well? What about planting it in the ground and having it survive the winter?
q split leaf philodendron in n georgia can it survive the winter, gardening