Jack-o-Lantern Archway

$75

Y'all ready for this?! Imagine CandyLand meets Halloween--this jack-o-lantern archway is the finished product of that image! This project was super easy and is perfect for a kid's party or just a fun, festive added touch to your Halloween decor.
I couldn't find these plastic pumpkin buckets anywhere two weeks ago, then suddenly, I found them last week at my local grocery store of all places. Needless to say, one of the ladies working there looked at me as if I had six heads when she saw me with two buggies filled with the assorted colors of pumpkins, and my two-year-old yelling, "Ooooh wow! Punkin's!" It was probably the most comical and adventurous grocery trip yet.

Supplies: -30 plastic pumpkin buckets -(2) 10'x1/2" PVC pipes -(1) 1/2" PVC coupler -(2) 4'x1/2" rebars -drill -7/8" paddle bit -rubber mallet -all purpose cement (for PVC) *Note: the PVC pipe, coupler and all purpose cement can be found in the plumbing aisle at most hardware stores.
STEP 1: Drill hole in bottom of buckets First, I used a 7/8" paddle bit to drill a hole in the bottom of all of my pumpkins. Most of the pumpkins already had a small hole which was a nice little starter hole to go off of with my paddle bit.

STEP 2: Connect Rebar & PVC Next, I used a rubber mallet to hammer the rebar into the ground on either side of my front stoop. I hammered them far enough into the ground to where they were pretty sturdy. Then, I slid one of the PVC pipes onto the rebar on one side of my stoop.
STEP 3: Assemble the arch Once one of the PVC pipes was on the rebar, Rob helped me slide the pumpkins on. When we got to the end of the first pipe, we used the all-purpose cement to connect the coupler, then attached the second PVC pipe. Once the second PVC pipe was attached, we continued adding pumpkins until they were all on the archway. We used a hacksaw to cut off the excess pipe (which was about 23").
Just three steps--that was it! You can even add outdoor string lights if you want to but we decided to keep ours plain. I wonder how many cars will stop and gawk at this enormous archway! :)

• 16999903

Is that a typo at the top? $10 each for those pumpkins?
  • Itsmemic

I LOVE THIS !!! How do you stop the pumpkins from filling with water in the rain? Are they glued together?

• Busy grandma

Is the PVC pipe easy to bend? or does it have to be heated to make it pliable?

• R Walter

If your arch is big enough the PVC pipe will bend without breaking.

• Amy Helen Chu

Add a string of lights!

• Virginia

I couldn't find enough of the pumpkins last year so I did this instead. I used orange pool noodles, lol, what do you think?