From Dirt Patch to Charming Conversation Space

It’s a charming conversation space now, but it started out as a sad dirt patch. The transformation is a must-see!

Hubby rounded out the space, which looks so much better! I laid down some weed cover, and recyclable mulch. The final layer was a bunch of white stones.

I couldn’t find any Before-Before pictures. This is as close as I could find. When we first moved in, the space jetted out into the lawn, and was covered in weeds and ivy and had a small tree in the middle. It just didn’t fit. We cleared it out the best we could and it stayed like this for a year or so.

After a long time and not a lot of effort, this is the big reveal of our conversation space.

It’s a “thing” in our neighborhood to have Adirondack chairs in your front yard. I would always sit on the front stoop to wait for Stepson to get home from school, so this is a much nicer spot to sit out front and watch the world go by.

Want to see the entire transformation? Click on the link below and head over to the blog. I would love for you to stop by and sit for a spell and let me know what you think!

Holly Bertone | Pink Fortitude

• JB

Is there any shade? Looks like it might be quite hot sitting there...

• Jeanette

I like it and would make one, but there are too many hardwood trees in my yard. Would look awful after the first season's dead leaves were cleaned away. Maybe I could use brown stones.

• George Hopwood

What are the BOOTS for?

• Bethann

Maybe the boots are there just in case the ish gets deep in the comment section :D (I couldn't resist either:)

• Kathy Davis Crumpton

I am wanting to do similar to a dirt area to put my fire pit table and chairs on. The problem is one side has an underground spring keeping it muddy and wet. Any ideas to allow drainage yet still be usable?

• Susie

sorry I think that's a dumb thing to do I think I would have planned it all kinds of flowers and leafy plants like hostas. Making it a sitting area is kind of stupid it's open and dumb and like I said above no shade and what are the dumb boots sitting there for.

• Vfr34113248

How rude u can be!! Sometimes u need to keep your mean comments to yourself! Maybe she not going to sit out there when it’s sunmy! Maybe she likes the sun?

inthink it looks great!!!

• Amy Boon

I can't keep my grass alive because it's so shady and there is nowhere to sit so I love this idea! It solves so many other problems for me design wise too. Thank you