What is the name of this bush??

+8
I walked by this plant and was fascinated by the beautiful variation of colors. I took the picture in hopes someone can identify it. I really want to plant several of these in my back yard. Thanks in advance
q what is the name of this bush , gardening, plant id, I saw this bush in mpls in July it was at least 6 5 ft tall It looks like a mature plant
I saw this bush in mpls in July, it was at least 6.5 ft tall. It looks like a mature plant.
  • Patty Koves Patty Koves on Sep 13, 2016
    smoke tree
  • Nancysimard2 Nancysimard2 on Sep 13, 2016
    Cotinus obovats
  • Diane Hamilton Hinkle Diane Hamilton Hinkle on Sep 13, 2016
    Smoke Tree. I did not have good luck with them in Tennessee. It was gangly and misshapen and finally a beaver from the river chewed it down. I was glad. They get about 20 feet tall.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 13, 2016
    Smoke bush they are available in different varieties.
  • Hotscotgal Hotscotgal on Sep 13, 2016
    Sorry but that is definitely NOT a smoke bush/tree. It is a Tamarisk. I have one.
  • Hotscotgal Hotscotgal on Sep 13, 2016
    Here is a link to more pix and description http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantF...
  • Lauren Culbert Lauren Culbert on Sep 13, 2016
    I was going to say Smoke Tree, Cotinus obovats, too. They are pretty close though. Bobbie, now that you have two good ideas, you can look both of these up and decide what you have. It's beautiful, isn't it?
  • Dee Dee on Sep 13, 2016
    I noticed there are no visible leaves on the plant. That makes me think it is a Tamarisk tree, and not a Smoke tree. We have both here in W PA, and the flowers are similar in some varieties.
  • Sue Kiene Sue Kiene on Sep 13, 2016
    My original thought was smoke tree but I checked out the Tamarisk or Tamarix and I tend to agree tamarisk. Very pretty whichever it is.