Make Your Own Dish Washer Detergent

23K Views
I love making my own cleaning supplies. They are simple to do and so cost effective. This Dish Washer detergent takes only 3 ingredients.
1 cup arm and hammer washing soda
1 cup borax
1 cup lemi shine.
I put my dishwasher detergent in a mason jar with the recipe on the front. It's so easy to make more, the recipe is right there.
Make sure and leave this in an open container. The citric acid in the lemi shine works wonders on your dishes but it can make the mixture harden and clump. When I make a new batch I stir it a couple times a day for the first week. Which makes it not harden. I also don't put a lid on the jar. If yours does harden, just break it up and use it.
To use put 1 Tablespoon in the prewash spot and 1 Tablespoon in the wash spot. This recipe will last you a long time.

Suggested materials for this project:

Measuredbytheheart