Make Your Own Dish Washer Detergent

I love making my own cleaning supplies. They are simple to do and so cost effective. This Dish Washer detergent takes only 3 ingredients.
1 cup arm and hammer washing soda
1 cup borax
1 cup lemi shine.
I put my dishwasher detergent in a mason jar with the recipe on the front. It's so easy to make more, the recipe is right there.
Make sure and leave this in an open container. The citric acid in the lemi shine works wonders on your dishes but it can make the mixture harden and clump. When I make a new batch I stir it a couple times a day for the first week. Which makes it not harden. I also don't put a lid on the jar. If yours does harden, just break it up and use it.
To use put 1 Tablespoon in the prewash spot and 1 Tablespoon in the wash spot. This recipe will last you a long time.
I love making my own dishwasher detergent.
3 simple ingredients are all you need to make your own dishwasher detergent
Measuredbytheheart

• Linn Prey

I just use a small amount of commercial dishwasher powder and then top it off with whatever liquid dish detergent I have. Just because the box is marked NEW improved, etc and costs a LOT of money I don't buy it. This combo makes a LOT of suds and cuts the grease in my machine and rinses completely out. I do have one of those newer machines that has 3 washing cycles and 3 rinsing cycles so that gets rid of all the suds. Saves me an arm and leg every month on supplies. I found that anything Cascade etched my clear glasses and ruined my pots and pans that were dishwasher washed.

• Bink

Where would I find it? Does it stand clearly on the shelf? At our WalMart they have Mule Team Borax and other older products all in one little corner that is hard to find. I had to ask for help.