DIY Football Vase

$15

Who’s ready for football season?! Ok, I’ll admit, I usually have no clue what’s going on during the game – but you know I love a good theme! This fun flower vase was made with an actual football, and was surprisingly SUPER easy!
The only supplies I used for this project were a real football (cheaper is better on this one, guys!) and a glass vase.
I started by tracing the top of the glass vase onto the top of the football so I knew where to cut.
I thought this was going to be harder than it was – but I was able to cut off the top of the football with scissors. I found a cheap football at Target ($9.99!) – it felt very flimsy and the leather did not seem thick, which in this case was perfect!
There was a rubber liner inside the football which I removed after I had the top cut off.
After I removed the rubber liner, I cut off the bottom of the football the same way I did the top.
Then I put the glass vase inside the football. The vase was a little taller than the football, but I used really full flowers and styled them so that the top of the glass was not visible.
I had leftover flowers from my DIY Address Planter Door Decor, so I used those to fill the vase.
And that was it! So what do you think - is it a touchdown?!
For more DIY ideas - be sure to click the link below and "follow" along with me to make sure you never miss a post!

• Football  (Target)
  • Slim Glass Vase  (Target)

The Cofran Home