Becky W
Becky W
  • Ballwin, MO

Reclaimed Wood Bar Height Farmhouse Table

FINALLY finished! I started this project back in the spring and it's finally wrapping up. I decided I wanted a new kitchen table with two features: 1. it needed to be bar height with a storage shelf below and 2. the top needed to be removable.
reclaimed wood bar height farmhouse table, dining room ideas, kitchen design, painted furniture, rustic furniture
Without further ado check out our new Farmhouse Table!!!
It all started with this pergola. Remember my Salvaging Pergola Wood post from last year. Well I wanted to put that wood to use. In April I drew up a sketch of the table and started planning.
Time to get busy sanding. The worst part {in my opinion} of a DIY project. So that's what I did. Sand, sand, sand....
Next up, adding a little bit of stain to the boards.
Here's a pic of my GC, Matilda. She's supervising. I think this was a look of approval.
Here I'm trying to plan out the legs position, the shelf and the support beams.
The GC is back for final inspection. I moved a few barstools to the table however I don't plan to use these. One, I don't like the way they look with the table but we also only have 2.
On the shelf I added a bowl of wine corks. I thought about getting creative by adding a bottle holder to the shelf {easy access} but maybe another day.
Check out the blog for more details and pics!

• Reclaimed wood
Becky W

• Emmawilliams1

Why did you take down the pergola? Would love to have one outside my kitchen area...BUT love the darling table you made from the salvaged wood!!!Your instructions were so that I can make one for myself...HAPPY PROJECTING~!!!

• Becky W

I know! I loved that pergola. But the main post in the ground were rotting so it was only a matter of time before it came tumbling down. :(

• DeAnn Gardyszewski

It looks top heavy. Is it sturdy? If someone leans on it would it tip?

• Janet Biensash

How are the legs attached to table top? Did you use wood screws or nails?

• Becky W

Hi Janet, my blog has all the info on the table legs and the removable top.

• Leslie

Becky Great table!!! May I ask if the reclaimed/reused wood from the pergola was originally reclaimed or was it new wood that was painted? The reason I ask is that some of the really old painted reclaimed wood that people use should be tested for lead before they start sanding and using for personal inside use. Just a thought :)

• Carolyn trudeau

Beautiful job. It looks amazing. Can I ask what you used on top of your table to seal it? Thanks.