Mjordanlmj
Mjordanlmj
  • Pasadena, TX

Bathroom Makeover Turned Into Major Bathroom Remodel

$1800.00
2 Weeks
Advanced

This started out as a new sink with cabinrt upgrade....The wifey brought home a new 48" sink and cabinet on clearance at Lowes and as we went to install it when we realizeed that it was to wide for the door to close, so we moved the door frame over 4 inches amd hence became a major remodel... Walls had to be removed and new header installed and then ripped out the flooring, replaced the built in medicine cabinet and rewired the wiring for the lighting. But the final project was still under $2000.00 and the look is exquisite.
Original Bath with pedistal sink and borders.....Just didn't feel good....
Even adding our curtains from the old house didn't help this bathroom...
Hanging globe lighting and mirrored in wall medicine cabinet with ugly border was so outdated
removing door frame and ming it 4 inches so the sink and cabinet would fit and be able to close the door.... Had a half an inch clearance afterwards, thats all I needed
Beadboard up and wall repair on cabinet done
This is when I deciced to remove the old flooring...See what happens when you don't have a plan
My boss....
My boss....
Everything out and old flooring removed...Went with linoleum flooring that looks like tile due to budget, and ease of installation
Here is the reason for the whole remodel...The 48 inch monster fits
New mirror and lighting, and towel bars and hooks installed. These were probally the most expense of the whole job. But details make all the difference in a remodel.
pictures on the walls were printed off the internet and placed in some nice frames, and color cordinated to the bathroom...
Added touch to the wall above the toilet....another picture off the internet....
The finished project...plenty of lighting comes through the windows and really makes the whole room pop....Picking the right color scheme was probbally the hardest choice to make, but I think it was a nice pick
Momma's happy...Everybody's happy
Momma's happy...Everybody's happy

• Teresa

Much better - A job well done!

• Lisa Stratton

This is such a nice job you have done. I must say you are great artist that you have proven yourself by decorating your bathrooms in such an innovative way. Recently, while surfing on the web, I just came across Artistic Refinishing ( https://www.artisticrefinishing.com ) a bathtub refinishing site which offers tile coating and coloring of the bathtub in very less cost.