$2.00 Dollar Store No Sew Pillow Case Valence.

I went to the Dollar Store and saw pillow cases with the perfect print on them for my bathroom. Hmm I thought I bet I can make a valence out of 2 pillow cases.
 2 00 dollar store new sew pillow case valence , crafts, repurposing upcycling, window treatments
So I purchased 2 pillow cases and now I began to brainstorm how can I make this into a valence?? I don't have a sewing machine and I'm certainly not going to hand sew.
Then I cut open the pillow case length wise and cut open the side to make one big open piece of fabric.
Next I put the two ends of fabric back together and cut about and inch and a half apart and about 5-6 inches down to make the tabs. You can use a tape measure but who has time for that?? I just eyeballed it and you can't tell.
I then lined up the tabs. I showed the curtain rod but u don't need it for this step
Next I tied all of the tabs together loosely with a double knot thank goodness because I skipped one and had to start again lol. That's what happens when you are interrupted by the kids.
Then I hung the curtains on the rod and decided I liked the tabs better on the bottom as you would need to sew across the fabric for a rod pocket to keep it in place and as you know I hate to sew lol.
Next I put both curtains on the rod and scrunched them together. I did trim off any loose strings. You can put a few stiches in to hold the two pillow cases together but I just scrunched them together and now I have completed my no sew Dollar Store pillow case valance. Total time about 20 minutes and very easy to do.

• 2 pillow cases and scissors  (The Dollar Store)
  • Curtain Rod  (Dollar General)

• Jixyrocker711

I absolutely love this idea! The simplicity of it is brilliant! So you just flipped it over on the rod to put the ties at the bottom? You mentioned sewing a rod pocket, guessing you didn’t do that, so it’s just hanging on the rod? Asking because I don’t want to sew anything either, lol! The window above my kitchen sink is in Dire need of this window treatment!
  • Tac28356128

I still don’t understand how it’s hanging from the rod

• Sandi

• Judy

Wouldn’t the hem on the bottom ‘s of the pillow cases work to slide the rod through.Then the other ends are tied.

• Judy

Looks great, very clever.

• Lzi14589195

I might just do this for my guest room as I am tired of the window treatment there. Sounds like fun to do too.