$2.00 Dollar Store No Sew Pillow Case Valence.

I went to the Dollar Store and saw pillow cases with the perfect print on them for my bathroom. Hmm I thought I bet I can make a valence out of 2 pillow cases.
So I purchased 2 pillow cases and now I began to brainstorm how can I make this into a valence?? I don't have a sewing machine and I'm certainly not going to hand sew.
Then I cut open the pillow case length wise and cut open the side to make one big open piece of fabric.
Next I put the two ends of fabric back together and cut about and inch and a half apart and about 5-6 inches down to make the tabs. You can use a tape measure but who has time for that?? I just eyeballed it and you can't tell.
I then lined up the tabs. I showed the curtain rod but u don't need it for this step
Next I tied all of the tabs together loosely with a double knot thank goodness because I skipped one and had to start again lol. That's what happens when you are interrupted by the kids.
Then I hung the curtains on the rod and decided I liked the tabs better on the bottom as you would need to sew across the fabric for a rod pocket to keep it in place and as you know I hate to sew lol.
Next I put both curtains on the rod and scrunched them together. I did trim off any loose strings. You can put a few stiches in to hold the two pillow cases together but I just scrunched them together and now I have completed my no sew Dollar Store pillow case valance. Total time about 20 minutes and very easy to do.

• 2 pillow cases and scissors  (The Dollar Store)
  • Curtain Rod  (Dollar General)

29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows

• Marty
    Marty

I still don’t understand how it’s hanging from the rod

• Sandi
      Sandi

• Judy
    Judy

Wouldn’t the hem on the bottom ‘s of the pillow cases work to slide the rod through.Then the other ends are tied.

• Barbara Smith
    Barbara Smith

So you in up sewing the top part for the rods?

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'd definitely try it. I'd try tieing both ends

• CasualHomeStyle
    CasualHomeStyle

I have also done this idea with pretty tablecloths and sheets. I love how yours turned out too, now I will keep my eyes out for pretty pillow cases, no sew even through I have a sewing machine in my office, anything that is fast and easy works for me!