Karla
Karla
  • Andover, MN

Dumpster Dive Rescue

My nephew was taking out the garbage and found a end-table-like thing. It was pretty beat up, but he wanted to make it usable for me. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it at its worse. He sanded (a lot!), made all the corners rounded, put wheels on the bottom and finished it a gorgeous light oak color. I found baskets that fit the slots except for the one that fit photo albums perfectly! It was a work of love and is gorgeous. Wish I knew who threw it away so they could see it.
dumpster dive rescue, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects

• Sj Grossman

What a great little rescue! It looks as though it was custom-built for your photograph albums & the baskets, too! (I think it was meant for your nephew to find!)

• Diana Deiley

Wonderful transformation. Very useful piece of furniture. Great find. Thanks for sharing.