Still a work in progress

The last room that has major work to be done in our new house is the smallest but needs to serve the most purpose. It's the laundry room/office/place for hubby to play video games room. First step tackled was the hideaway office/craft area built into an unneeded closet. The 1948 built in shelves had 1970s era contact paper. I scraped them off, sanded them, and built a desk into it. With a lot of paint and a trip to Ikea for organizers, all I need is to put my stuff in it! Next stop paint the rest of the room and put on new moldings. Then I'll hang a curtain so it can hideaway when not in use.
The before & after
The before & after
Gotta love the trippy 70s contact paper!
What a pain!
What a pain!
Desk wood installed using cleats on the wall and trim work to hide imperfections
Painted!
Painted!
TaDa!
TaDa!
Love Ikea. Hate putting these things together.
Inside closet finished. Now time to start the rest of the room.

Vikki

• Z

Great use of space Vikki. It looks beautiful. Have you thought about opening it up the full width of the closet then adding bi-fold doors for complete use of the space?

• Vikki

@Becky--I did but this is our first home and I'm just getting more comfortable with bigger things around the house. Don't feel ready to try cutting out the drywall and framing around the door!

• Z

@Vikki I can understand that. It would be a messy job to say the least. I never understood why they made closets that way. We had that in all of our bedroom closets, mine more than the others. I guess for clothing it's not so bad since I put my out of season clothes in those areas on either side and switched them twice a year.