How to Make Sweater Pumpkins

It's still pretty warm where I live, but there are hints of autumn in the air. I'm slowly transitioning into this new season by sprinkling some fun fall decor around the house. Today, I'm sharing how to make these adorable pumpkins from the sleeves of old sweaters.
I recently watched a Hometalk live video tutorial on Facebook where Amber Oliver of In The Loop made pumpkins out of crushed panne velvet fabric. The project required minimal sewing skills and delivered darling results so I decided to give it a whirl.
Instead of panne velvet, I had two fall-colored sweaters ready to repurpose along with all the necessary supplies.
I used twigs from my yard for the stems. Real pumpkin stems or rolled pieces of felt would work fine, too. The leaves were from faux flowers in my craft stash, but they could be made out of felt as well. The polyfill stuffing was re-used from an old pillow.
I finished these three pumpkins in about an hour, using less than one sleeve per color. They are just the right touch to get me excited for autumn!
Ready to make a few to decorate your fireplace mantle or table centerpiece? Here's how.
Do you decorate for fall? What are some of the things you do to signal the changing season? Let me know below; I'd love to hear from you!

Vernichel // created by v.

• Ann Doughty Bosche

I made these except I used Fall colored cotton fabric instead of sweaters. I love them. You did a great job.

• Vernichel // created by v.

Wow, Ann, your pumpkins came out great! So happy you gave it a go and shared your results. I love your "bad tendril day" sign!