Turn a Crib (baby Cot) Into a Bench

There are probably a million crib repurposing ideas out there on the big old web... I think it because cribs are just so sentimental to most families. I look at the crib below and I can remember my son as a baby smiling up at me first thing in the morning. They are just so hard to get rid of...hence why people decided to just upcycle them into something more useful!
I decided to turn this mini crib into a reading nook for my son.
Here are the materials we used:
Materials Used:
Ryobi Palm Sander
Saw
Ryobi multi-tool
Ryobi Drill and Screw driver
Measuring tape
Pencil
C clamp
White primer
Paint (of your choice)
Clear Poly (Varnish)
Dark Oak Varnish
Old cloth
2 x 4 hard wood
2 ” Screws
Our plan was to turn this crib into a kid bench by reusing and modifying all of its original frame. We first cut some of the length of each of the legs
We also decided to reduce the overall width of the cot. To do this we cut through 3/4 of the cot panel side and removed the last spindle with this nifty Ryobi multi-tool.
To ensure we kept the overall symmetric look of the panel, we then removed the end piece from the other side of the panel and screwed it back into the panel we wanted to use.Sounds confusing huh? I’m hoping this picture will make a little more sense!
NOTE: We pre drilled holes using the Ryobi drill before screwing the end spindle into place to avoid the wood cracking
Next, we assembled the shortened side panel to the head and the footer of the cot. We found using a clamp at this point very useful in keeping the right angle whilst screwing. We also added L shaped brakcets to support the bed slats we planned to use
This is it with the bed slats in place. What do you think?
To see the COMPLETED BENCH in my sons room, CLICK HERE
I love to UPCYCLE things for my son. CLICK HERE to see an old cabinet I turned into a tool bench for my son

Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Medina at Grillo Designs