Unclog a Toilet Without a Plunger

$0

This is the coolest trick to unclog a toilet. It's so much cleaner than using a plunger. I can’t promise it will work every time for you, but it worked every time I tried it. All you need is dish soap and hot water.

I would never actually photograph a real clogged toilet because that would be gross. But I wanted to show you how well this method worked, so I stuffed my toilet full of paper towels and toilet paper. I thought those were some pretty tough conditions.

Step 1: Gather Supplies

I used dish soap and hot water. (I told you this was cleaner than using a plunger!)

Step 2: Squirt in Some Soap

I just squirted in about ¼ cup of dish soap.

You'll see the soap settle to the bottom. It lubricates the toilet bowl and helps break up the toilet paper.

Step 3: Add Very Warm Water

I didn’t add boiling water because I didn’t want to damage any of the seals or the toilet bowl itself, but hot water helps break up all the toilet paper. Add enough to help break everything up, but make sure not to overflow the toilet.

Step 4: Flush

You'll see the water slowly move down (it might take a few minutes, so be patient). Once that happens, feel free to flush it and watch the clog go down the drain. Easy peasy!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Warm water

Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Retha Bevens

How to clean a thick soap scrum and water spots in a shower?

• Diana Blessing

I think you mean mix coke with vodka and hand child mr clean sponge. you drink coke, let kid worry about cleaning lol

• Carla

Does it work in a clogged sink?

• Gilda D

My sister used to do hair in her home. Her salon was in her basement and she always poured Dawn in her drains to dissolve the hair and keep the drains flowing. I also successfully use it in my laundry room sink.

• Ann S.

Has ANYONE had the experience of having the commode BREAK fron the hot water being put into the COLD commode?????

• Rebecca S

Yes, a neighbor used hot water and cracked her porcelain toilet. Her husband replaced it and had to fix the floor too.

• Jp

really? I thought she only spoke of seals.

• Jp

I think her method is good, and she was careful to make the distinction.