Unclog a Toilet Without a Plunger

$0

This is the coolest trick to unclog a toilet. It's so much cleaner than using a plunger. I can’t promise it will work every time for you, but it worked every time I tried it. All you need is dish soap and hot water.

I would never actually photograph a real clogged toilet because that would be gross. But I wanted to show you how well this method worked, so I stuffed my toilet full of paper towels and toilet paper. I thought those were some pretty tough conditions.

Step 1: Gather Supplies

I used dish soap and hot water. (I told you this was cleaner than using a plunger!)

Step 2: Squirt in Some Soap

I just squirted in about ¼ cup of dish soap.

You'll see the soap settle to the bottom. It lubricates the toilet bowl and helps break up the toilet paper.

Step 3: Add Very Warm Water

I didn’t add boiling water because I didn’t want to damage any of the seals or the toilet bowl itself, but hot water helps break up all the toilet paper. Add enough to help break everything up, but make sure not to overflow the toilet.

Step 4: Flush

You'll see the water slowly move down (it might take a few minutes, so be patient). Once that happens, feel free to flush it and watch the clog go down the drain. Easy peasy!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Warm water

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas

• Retha Bevens

How to clean a thick soap scrum and water spots in a shower?

• Diana Blessing

I think you mean mix coke with vodka and hand child mr clean sponge. you drink coke, let kid worry about cleaning lol

• Carla

Does it work in a clogged sink?

• Gilda D

My sister used to do hair in her home. Her salon was in her basement and she always poured Dawn in her drains to dissolve the hair and keep the drains flowing. I also successfully use it in my laundry room sink.

• Ann S.

Has ANYONE had the experience of having the commode BREAK fron the hot water being put into the COLD commode?????

• Rebecca S

Yes, a neighbor used hot water and cracked her porcelain toilet. Her husband replaced it and had to fix the floor too.

• Jp

really? I thought she only spoke of seals.

• Jp

I think her method is good, and she was careful to make the distinction.