Change the Look of a Catch All Box.

Having a catch all box in a convenient location so that when you come into the house you have a place to drop your sunglasses, keys and important mail or receipts.
change the look of a catch all box , decoupage, home decor, organizing, repurposing upcycling
I loved having this box handy, it was a great box, very sturdy, but no way did it go with my coastal home decor.
I began by taking the entire box apart, removing (but saving) all of the hardware.
I found wrapping paper that would give a nod to the nautical look of my coastal home, so I laid down the pieces of the box on top of the paper.
Here it is, antique map wrapping paper that I used Mod Podge to attach to the box.
I wrapped and trimmed the entire box and then covered it with a couple of additional coats of Mod Podge.
The box looked good at this point, but that gold trim stuck out like a sore thumb and did not really mesh with the paper.
I began to "age" it with antiquing wax.
I left one corner 'naked' so you could see the difference where I had applied the wax and where there was non. You can see how it had aged the box and made it look old and leather-like. The antiquing wax also made the gold trim look aged and toned down the bright gold color.
Here is my completed box, with a new knob, still holding all of those important items!
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)