Spray-Painted Pumpkins

This year, I wanted to decorate for Fall completely differently. I was just ready for a change! Have you ever been there? I decided that I wanted my accessories neutral — a mix of whites, off-whites, ivory, and natural colors. But, I didn’t have ANY neutral pumpkins. They were all various shades of ORANGE. So, that meant one thing — I had to go shopping for some neutral pumpkins. But after scouring my favorite stores for Fall decor, I found that not only were most mini pumpkins $1-$3/each, most of them weren’t even a neutral color! I was NOT going to pay an arm and leg for Fall accessories! That meant I had to get creative. So, I chose to spray-paint all of my pumpkins…all of the ones I already had and then search all my local thrift stores for more!
Spray-painting is a great choice. It’s easy, and it dries within minutes! But I didn’t want mine to all look the same, so I chose a variety of spray paints to use. I already had most of the spray-paint cans, but I still had to have an off-white chalky spray paint. So, I used my half-off coupon at our local crafts’ store and bought it!
Here’s how they looked before…Just know…the pink one below — I bought it for 70 cents at a thrift store! 😉
And here’s how they look now! I have some piled high in a faux olive bucket at our front door…
And I have one on our coffee table…
And I have more piled up in an apple crate that I picked up at the dollar section at Target. 😉
And here’s another little pumpkin…
I love their fresh look! They have new life, and I’ll plan to keep these for seasons to come!
So, the next time you see some orange pumpkins (or some ugly pumpkins for that matter!), look past their delapidated state and think about what they could become…a collection of gorgeous and fresh, neutral Fall decor!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have been encouraged to transform some dull pumpkins of your own…or at least I hope to have stirred your own creativity! To hear a couple of Fall decorating tips...and to find out what paints I used, click on the link below. It will take you directly to my blog post!
Have any questions or comments? Please feel free to say hello in the comments section below. I love to hear from my readers! Also, I’d love for you to stop by and say hello on Pinterest and Instagram. Have a wonderful day!

• Spray paint
  • Faux pumpkins

The Rustic Boxwood

• Pen7169519

What colors & spray did you use on these pumpkins and gourds? They look fabulous!!

• The Rustic Boxwood

You are so sweet! Thank you! I used a variety of colors that I already had in my spray-paint stash, but you can find out all the specific details regarding the paint colors on my blog. I provided a direct link at the bottom of this post. ;) Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll be happy to answer them!