So I Painted Our Ugly Linoleum....

$50

I saw a this picture on Joanna Gaines' IG a few months back and I had major heart eyes over this floor, but replacing the tile in our guest bathroom wasn't/isn't an option for us. Fast forward to last month and I was still drooling over this tile so I did what any reasonable person would do - I went on Pinterest.
I looked at more floors and the caption on one of them caught my eye.... "The Girl Who Painted
Joanna's Instagram picture
Joanna's Instagram picture

so i painted our ugly linoleum , flooring

Before: Our bathroom had ugly sheet linoleum made to look like 12x12 tile and grout. I started by cleaning our floor. I swept at least 5 times and then cleaned it some more. You want to make sure there is nothing that is going to get in the way of your paint adhering properly and you certainly do not want dirt or anything else getting in your paint either.

Here are all of the products I used: DecoArt's Chalk Paint in Everlasting & Relic (sold at Hobby Lobby) and Minwax's Polycrylic, a foam roller, painter's tape, and a stencil. If you are using white, you want to be sure to buy a water based sealer - an oil base will yellow and tint your finish.
I used a paint brush for the first coat of paint so I could get it in all the "grout" line and make sure it was really worked in to the floor.

Here is what it looked like after the first coat - better already! I let the first coat dry for about an hour and then I rolled a second coat of gray. I let this coat dry for 2 hours before I came in with the stencil.

You can read the rest here, including how to seal the floor! http://www.livingthelifeofrileyblog.com/blog/so-i-painted-my-bathroom-floors

Click here to purchase yout Augusta Tile Stencil or to browse Cutting Edge Stencil's many options! https://www.idevaffiliate.com/33076/7-4.html

Here is a clip from when I painted our laundry room floor - I got a lot of questions about how to go around places like the toilet and edges. I hope this helps - more video tutorials available on my channel!

• Decoart Chalk Paint in Everlasting (white)  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Decoart Chalk Paint in Relic (gray)  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Stencil  (Cuttingedgestencils.com)
Susanna | Livin' The Life Of Riley