Caring For Hummingbirds Through the Winter

As the hummingbirds migrate throughout the winter, keeping fresh food available to them will provide much needed energy for their journey. And as a reward, you will catch a glimpse of rare non-native varieties as they pass through your area. Visit the link below to learn how to easily clean your feeders and feed your friends.
Did you know that hummingbirds migrate throughout the winter and are in need of a constant supply of nourishment?
Our state's DNR is asking bird lovers to keep their feeders filled throughout the winter months to help them in their journey.
A feeder kept clean + filled with fresh nectar will be a much needed treat for the migratory birds.
As a reward for your loyalty, you will get the pleasure of seeing those rare species as they pass through on their way to warmer weather. Now that's a way to pass a winter's day!

Sarah @ {Home-ology} modern vintage

• Jean Street

Jean Street Powell River B.C. Have them year round in southern B.C but when temperature drops change formula ratio 3-1.

• W

this is my first winter in socal and I have to admit it gets cold in the high desert. I fed a lot of hummers in the summer and still have some coming to feed. I have to bring the feeders in at night as they are freezing. I take the feeders outside at dawn and am always greeted by hummers! there are a couple with bright purple heads, but I don't know what species they are.