Upcycled Burnt Out Light Bulbs

I love the big round shape of these light bulbs. They are from our bathroom light fixtures. When they burn out I pull them apart to make hanging vases out of them. They make such a nice hanging display when grouped together. I can't wait to have a bunch of them to cover a small wall.
You will need a burnt out light bulb, wire, needle nose plyers, and for safety a heavy duty glove. I wore safety glasses as well incase any glass went flying.
I removed the metal backing by pulling it out with needle nose plyers. You can see more instructions on my blog.
Once the center pin/plate is removed there is glass backing that you will chip & break away at with the plyers.
Now you will be able to get inside the light bulb & pull the guts out by breaking it away from the light bulb.
Shake all the leftover glass pieces out of the bulb and it's ready for the wire.
I picked up wire from the Dollar Tree and wrapped a piece around itself on one side and then bringing one of the strands around to the other side and looping it through to create a hanging wire.

• Wire, glass light bulb, plyers

Desiree G

• Laurie

I am wondering if you could put colored sand and small shells for another look?

• Lori

I think that is an awesome idea!! Let me know how it turned out!!

• Pam

Beautiful

• Kim

Will do this! Just replaced two bulbs from my vanity. Ready for another to blow to “even” it out to a set. THIS brilliant project of yours is one I’ve been looking for. Thank you!