Carol S
Carol S
  • Warwick, RI

Easy Does It - Sprinkle Cap -

I use vinegar to kill weeds & it is getting costly, because I would just take the cap off & pour. Instead of pouring it, I know conserve it by sprinkling it. Covers more area & I can spot treat.
I drilled a small hole in the top of the handle, as a breather, one in the center of the cap & at the far edge.
So simple, easy to use,   effective and efficient.  Don't know why it took me so long to think of this.
So simple, easy to use, effective and efficient. Don't know why it took me so long to think of this.

• Judy

You are right on the dish washing soap Scott it helps the vinegar and salt to stick to the weed. I do the spray bottle too and just add the salt to the bottle with enough hot water to help dissolve the salt then fill bottle with the vinegar and a cheap dish washing soap...I don't measure just mix it strong..I can spray the flower beds on both sides of the drive, and in the center island of the drive and the flower bed out front with three bottles of the mixture in the bottle. So far all summer I am on the second gallon of vinegar and the second box of salt which I also use on slugs..and also on second bottle of dish washing soap..

• Katie Connors-Fogel

I read somewhere that you should use agricultural vinegar. It is 20% acidic whereas the over the counter vinegar is on 5%