How To Install Laminate Flooring in Just 3 Hours!

If you are looking for a durable floor that's an easy DIY project... this may just be the project for you! These laminate floor planks completely transformed the space and were so easy to install!
Doesn't it look amazing? We were looking for an inexpensive product that would hold up really well and that could be installed easily. Laminate flooring planks to the rescue! They are basically just a peel and stick flooring that mimics the look of wood. We went with a gray toned plank but there are many different variations to pick from.
The first step for this install was to prep the floors. Sweep the floors really well and then roll on multi-purpose primer. Let the primer dry over night. Next, you need to draw a chalk line to make sure you are starting on a straight line. See more pictures and details on this process on my blog.
Once you have your line marked, start laying your planks. Make sure to be consistent in which way your arrows point. This will keep the floor looking consistent. Take off the backing and press each plank down (make sure to get each corner pressed down well!). Go over with a rubber mallet.
For a simple way to cut your planks, use an office-grade paper cutter! It's so much easier than using a box knife.
You will need to measure and cut the planks when you reach the walls on all sides.
Once you have the floor completely down, go over the whole thing with a heavy-duty roller. You can rent these if you don't have one. You need to roll the floor a few different ways. Go one way and then go back another way. This firmly attaches the flooring to the subfloor.
From start to finish, the floor took just three hours! Can you believe it? We just finished the cabin renovation, so make sure to head over to see the before and after cabin reveal!
This wasn't our first rodeo with peel and stick flooring. We actually laid some peel and stick "tile" in our bathroom a few years ago. We grouted it and it's held up perfectly. Check it out here!

• Laminate flooring  (Lowes)

Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Cari Rondello Welsh

I have laminate square tiles in my kitchen it is the type that clicks together. It sits on top of the old linoleum floor. Welllll my water line attached to my fridge leaked and is making the floor come apart. I’m wondering if the peel and stick laminate can go on top of the old linoleum? That would be after I rip the current laminate out😜

• Michelle Jaques

Love this idea! Is the flooring really durable?

• Karyn D'Chele Doan

What brand did you use?

• Joanie

It looks like the real deal to me......I love your choice of wood / look!! Enjoy!!
  • Carol Cole

Wow it is beautiful. I have a living room calling you.