How do I paint glass chandelier globes?

+5
I want to paint frosted glass globes a color.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 23, 2016
    homeguides.sfgate.com/paint-chandelier-globes-75918.html
  • Lisa Healer Jaso Lisa Healer Jaso on Sep 23, 2016
    l would use glue paint. just mix craft paint with glue. Creates a great frosty look even on non frosted globes. Make sure you are using cool lights for the lighting so the glue doesn't melt off. It's pretty strong though. I do it with vases, globes all sorts of things, especially for holidays.
  • Robin Robin on Sep 23, 2016
    You could try using a stained glass paint from the craft store. Just pour some inside, swirl it around to cover, then turn upside down to drain excess.
    • Kelli Kelli on Sep 23, 2016
      Thank you, Robin. I'll give it a try. Have you ever tried that?
  • Robin Robin on Sep 24, 2016
    I've used it for several craft projects but have never tried it on light globes. Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.
  • Wendifromtexas Wendifromtexas on Sep 24, 2016
    Kelli, I've wondered the same thing. Perhaps there is a chemical that wil remove the "white frost" from the globes. For painting, maybe mod podge the surface, and once that dries, paint the surface with a watered-down chalk paint and seal?
  • Robin Robin on Sep 25, 2016
    Wendifromtexas,I don't think she wants to remove the frosting I think she just wants to color it. If it's etched there is no way to remove it.
  • Madcapzany Madcapzany on Apr 23, 2019

Use krylon sea glass spray paint