White Rubbermaid Chairs, Set of Four Painted & Given a Custom Look

We have all had a set of White Plastic Rubbermaid Chairs, which eventually start to become an eyesore with age. They turn grey, and lose their sheen and become impossible to clean. The easy thing to do would be to throw them away, but we cannot continue to fill our landfills with so much consumer waste. So I decided to recondition my set this year. I started out by painting the chairs with Rust-oleum universal all surface spray paint in Hammered Copper. I thought the Hammered finish would cover any imperfections in the old surface which it did. They look amazing. I then pulled out the painters tape and started to add character to each of the chairs, which is where the fun part really begins and the limits are endless. Anyone can spray a chair with a base coat, but what will you do with your chairs after the base coat. See my blog to see how I finished mine. http://www.cheriesforgetmenots.com/2013/04/new-life-for-old-white-chairs.html
These are 3 of the painted chairs I ran out of paint and had to finish the fourth chair later.
These chairs started out really ugly. I washed them, not that it looks like it. and then cleaned them with vinegar to cut any grease to help the paint adhere to the surface.
Each chair has its own little friendly visitor, visit my blog to see who they are. I really had fun with this project. Sitting in the sun and painting the day away, and all the ugly too.
Cherie Little Chalmers

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 30 comments
Next