Simply Swider- Stephanie
Simply Swider- Stephanie
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Update a Fireplace With White Paint

$30.00

Our fireplace had a fantastic mantel, surround, and bookcases but they were a little dark for our taste, so we decided to lighten and brighten the whole room with a can of white paint.
Before
Before
After
After
Simply Swider- Stephanie

• SHERRY MCKNIGHT

I meant to ask the color of the French doors on the right?

• SHERRY MCKNIGHT

Thank you. Room looks great. I have a lot of wood to the ceiling bookcases going to paint them white or off white. Like your colors. My mantel is a nice wood mantel. I am going to leave it alone for now.

• Simply Swider- Stephanie

@KrysFL : I agree and that's the way I've been leaning....now to convince the husband.

• Bananas!

have you considered painting the brass doors? I think that will make it even more updated looking! check around on here, I've seen some crazy nice jobs, all with a tin of spray paint! oops - just saw the date of the post...

• Simply Swider- Stephanie

Right after this post we actually did paint the doors a flat black and it looked great. Just last week though we finally took the doors off completely and are in the market for a modern fireplace screen.