DIY Pillowcase Wall Art

$10

Good evening,(or morning, or afternoon depending on where you live) everyone! I hope you are all having a great night! I am a night owl, and I have been working away on this project and I just couldn't wait until morning to share it! This project is quick, easy and inexpensive!
It all started with this…
You might be wondering, “what exactly am I looking at?”. Well I will tell you… that is a tiny little tear in a canvas. I don’t know how it happened, but I bought a 5 pack of 16″ x 20″ canvases from Michael’s and by the time I got around to opening them, one of the canvases in the middle of the pack had this tear. Since it was in the middle, I knew there was no way that I could have done it, so I was kind of mad, but I also HATE returning things, so … oh, well. I was going to just toss it, but thankfully my smarts kicked in. (Come on, Holly — get it together!) First rule in DIY — Never, ever just toss something out with out thinking about it. You never know when you could use it!
Tonight, I finally found a use for this canvas!
I had this pillowcase that I had picked up from the dollar store…yes, the dollar store. I have never used it. I bought it simply because I loved the design on it, and I knew that one day I could do a DIY with it! We won’t mention that it took me over six months to find a way to use this pillowcase (oops).
Can I just say that the dollar store has seriously stepped up their game!
This project is so easy, and it took me about 20 minutes to make this! 20 minutes and I know have a beautiful piece of art.
Give this video a watch to see how it is done!
Head over to my blog to see more about this project!
Now I am off to bed! Have a good night, morning or afternoon!! :)

• 16" x 20" Canvas  (Micheal's)
  • Pillowcase  (Dollarama)

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Holly Grace

• Cindy Wilcox
    Cindy Wilcox

Was the saying already on the pillow case when you bought it? It doesn't seem to be there at the beginning of the video but magically appears at the end.
    • Cindy Wilcox
      Cindy Wilcox

Okay, I see where this is addressed on your blog page. I love this idea! Do you have advice on how to add a saying if you don't have a Cricut?

• Sandra Costarelli Katin
    Sandra Costarelli Katin

Loved it .think i will give this a try but i think i will add a touch of color in the feathers. Thank you for your inspiration
  • V Smith
    V Smith

Just for future reference, you can patch/repair canvas from the back, just be sure to use acid free stuff. Great save, stretchers probably would have cost more.