Turn a Tray Into Frame For Vintage Photograph

$20.00

There is a discount home decor store within minutes of my daughter's school. And, yes, I stop there frequently. I mean, shopping is a much better use of my time than sitting in the chaotic school parking lot waiting for the bell to ring! So it was on one such [wasting time] trips that I found a $4.99 mirrored tray gathering dust in the clearance section. I had no plan for it but c'mon, it was $5!
The tray was originally painted pink. Nothing wrong with pink; it just didn't mesh with my home's colors. So I gave it a quick coat of coral paint.
I purchased an old vintage photograph online and had it enlarged at a local photo services store. I decided to give this old time photo a pop of color by adding a "color spot". With a small detail paint brush, I dabbed away, adding coral paint to the woman's bathing suit.
Once dry and trimmed to fit the inside dimensions of the tray, I slipped it under the tray's inner frame. Do you like vintage photographs? Check out what I did with some 1920's bathing beauties.

• Tray  (Home decor store)
  • Paint  (Hardware store)
  • Small paint brushes  (Amaazon)

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Arizona Craft Mom