Repurposing The Hollywood Light Strip From My Bathroom

$5.00

We recently updated our bathroom. It was time for the old Hollywood light strip to go somewhere else. I thought it would be the landfill buy my husband found another use for it. It's now a candle-base on our dining room table! I bought the little candles at Hobby Lobby for $4. The only cost involved was the spray paint which we had. We also added pads to the bottom so the table which we also had on hand.
Update on this...the little repurposed light base is still working hard at Christmas!!
Old mirror base...spray painted black and now used for a candle base.
Here is the "before"....you might have to double click on the picture to actually see the lights...pretty brassy isn't it?
These candles came from Hobby Lobby but any small tea candle fits right in the spot that used to house the bulb.
On the reverse side, it still looks a bit mirror like...we added pads so that it won't scratch the table.
Painted and ready to go.
Painted and ready to go.
A smokin' hot idea!
A smokin' hot idea!

To see more: http://www.rivercliffcottage.com/2013/09/15/repurposing-old-hollywood-light-strip/

• PALOMA

Thanks, send final project

• Linda Holland

Beautiful. I redid mine years ago and gave the old ones away. But neighbor is redoing hers SOO I will get hers tonight!!
    Thanks for the idea! I love Hometalk!!! So many great Ideas!!