Homemade Febreze - How to Make a Non-Toxic Version

I love the idea of Febreze (or Fabreeze). Sometimes your home or car or whatever needs a little extra dose of good smells. But I am not a fan of the chemical and toxic ingredients. Let me show you how you can make your own non-toxic version in just a few minutes.
Three simple ingredients and a quick mix. Done and done!
Glass spray container
One tsp baking soda (2 oz as shown or 1 TBSP for 10 oz bottle)
1 drop Essential Oils such as Purification for every ounce of water
Vintage Style Label
Add baking soda to the spray container and fill 85% of the way to the top with water (distilled preferred). Add your favorite Essential Oil and shake.
I like using Purification, but you can use Lavender, or any of your other favorite Essential Oils. Depending on the type of oil, you may need to use fewer drops.
The Environmental Working Group found 89 chemicals in Febreze. Why is this important? Well, one, because Proctor and Gamble only claimed three. And two, because many of these chemicals are linked to cancer and allergies, are endocrine disruptors, and skin and lung irritants. This is what you and your family breath in when you use these kinds of sprays.
So why not make your own? It’s seriously easy. You can make this easy peezy!
I would love for you to stop by the blog to see the entire article and say hello and let me know what you think! Link below:

• Glass Spray Bottle  (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I4GFE48/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thecocheasdur-20&camp=1789&cre)
  • Purification  (http://pinkfortitude.com/essential-oils/)
  • Vintage Style Label  (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LH4KGIE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thecocheasdur-20&camp=1789&cre)

Holly Bertone | Pink Fortitude

• Mike

Why is the baking soda important? Otherwise just using an essential oil defuser(vaporizer?) works great too!

• Shay Johnson

What is the difference with the distilled water? I never heard of that water. I made mine using scent bead but I guess that would defeat the purpose. I will try this. Thanks

• Joy Bailey

Why a glass bottle

• Hi Joy - Thanks for checking in! Essential oils and plastic never do well together. Glass is always recommended when using Essential Oils. Plus it's better for the environment. :-) Hugs, Holly

• Jan11523440

Thank you! I will give it a try

I use a dollar tree spray bottle filled with cheap vodka and essential oils. The vodka evaporates and the scent lingers. I like a mix of essential oils. About 10 drops each of gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle. I also spray washed clothing I sell on Ebay with it before shipping.