Plastic Hanging Basket Makeover Anyone Can Do!

If you're a gardener then you have one of these generic plastic hanging baskets that flowers come in. They serve their purpose but I wanted to spruce them up for fall. At first I thought of spray painting them but I wanted to do something a little different, then a light bulb went off in my head and as they say the rest is history!!
I went searching for pieces of material I knew I had left over from other projects and came across my burlap. perfect for what I wanted to do. Any material would work but this ties in with my outdoor décor.
I gathered my supplies, burlap, a couple of thick elastics and the ugly planter! Yes there is ribbon in the picture but I opted not to use it.
I removed the hanging clips and turned the planter upside down and placed the burlap over top.
Slide your elastic around the planter, turn it back over and cut the excess off. pretty simple huh?
As I mentioned I opted out using the ribbon, instead I took a few leaves off of some fall garland I had and cut a few flowers from a fall bush. I then used my glue gun and glued them on where I wanted them.
Planted my mums and reattached the hanger. I love how they turned out!

• Piece of burlap  (left over from previous project)
  • Plastic hanging baskets
  • Elastics

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives

• Jani Blanchard Walls
    Jani Blanchard Walls

So cute. What are your little lamps made from?

• Tana
      Tana

Could the base of the solar lights be switched out for a grow-light glass base for indoor use?
  • Peggy
    Peggy

Very nice! How weatherproof are the burlap and decorations?

• Melanie
      Melanie

Hi Janice, it's just burlap from a fabric store or you can use the burlap for wrapping shrubs for winter.

• Tammy
    Tammy

What type of elastic did you use? I can’t seem to get it to stay on close to the rim

• Tammy
      Tammy

So you tie your he elastic also? Mine keeps slipping off