4 Surprising Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide

$1

Hydrogen Peroxide has many uses. It's a great cleaner, it's a good beauty product, and it also helps in gardening. I'm serious! It's like a miracle potion. Here are some things I use it for in my house that you might be surprised by.

Surprise 1: Clean Dirty Pots and Pans

Older pots often get a burnt stain that seems like it would require a lot of scrubbing to get off. Have you ever tried it? I did, and after five minutes of deep scrubbing, I still couldn't get it off.

With just a bit of Hydrogen Peroxide, and some baking soda as a gentle abrasive, those stains come off super quick. See how shiny my pot is now?

Surprise 2: Remove Residue from Produce

Have you ever picked fruit from an apple tree? It's not nearly as shiny as the stuff you find in the store. That's because veggies and fruits come with all sorts of wax on them to make them look more appealing, and they still have pesticides on them from the growing process.

After I buy my groceries, I just fill a clean sink up with water and add a few teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide. Then let them sit for about 15 minutes, and all that stuff comes right off.

Surprise 3: Sanitize Toothbrushes

We change our toothbrushes every 3 months (do you know how much bacteria is on there?). But in between that time I like to disinfect the brushes, so they don’t get gross.

I put each toothbrush in their own cup and add at least enough Hydrogen peroxide to cover all the bristles. Then I let it sit for a minute or two and they come out bacteria free.

Surprise 4: Germinate Seeds

This was actually a new tip for me. If you soak your seeds in about a cup of water with a teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide, it helps with germination. Since I have a green-thumb, I was thrilled to learn about this.

It will kill any fungus that might be lying dormant on the seed (which is good because that fungus will either kill the seed or slow down it’s germination). So using this method helps seeds germinate faster.

Really cool tips, right? Please comment if you have any more useful home and garden tips with H2O2, I'd love to hear them.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Judy Coleman

How can you get the stain off your purse when you wear blue jeans like it fades on the purse

• Sharon Eskut Lowstetter

Love all the ideas. I have tried and failed at getting sweat stains out of my teenagers tshirts, any help out there???

• Marina Camper

Oxyclean powdered. I get a Wholesale Costco. Soak up for couple days with a cup or two of Oxyclean, it always do its job but be patient and soak up as needed.

• Kimberly Capps Gautier

It can save your Fur Babies life. I have had my dogs eat things that are not good for them. If you need to make your doggie vomit? It works wonders. Just open their mouth, and pour some in. It doesn't take a whole lot. So give them about 10 mins. If they haven't up chucked yet, pour some more down em! And wait again. Check vomit after to see if you can tell if they vomited up what they're suppose to. And then Love on them alot after. They'll be scared & feeling guilty. 😘🐶❤

• Cindy

Cats don't like the smell. Was using peroxide to clean blood off couch. Noticed cat didn't use that spot any longer so I tried it some where else. Cat stayed away.

Cindy

• Susan M. Roth
    19 minutes ago

I use peroxide to remove certain stubborn stains from clothing, clean Jewelry, soak earrings before & after wearing, Windows, pet stains in carpet, furniture, (especially IOS devices) & a great antiseptic. I actually purchase by the gallon.

However, it isn’t the answer for everything & always use conservately.