Hand Printed Textiles

I'm notorious for accumulating dumpster dive furniture and stockpiling scrap fabrics in hopes of having a spare second to refurbish them into fresh pieces to incorporate into my space. See how I transformed this found piano bench with a hand printed texture below!
hand printed textiles, home decor, repurposing upcycling
I mixed my own shades of trendy paint colors with standard colors from the craft store...use contrasting hues to print fabrics for upholstery projects, zipper pouches or pillows! I have a few scraps left over I can't wait to create a quilted pillow with!
How dreamy is this color combo? Martha Stewart even re-grammed this photo on her Instagram!!
I found this great piano bench on the side of the street in Brooklyn and held onto it for five years until I had the PERFECT DIY project to give it new life and purpose! Simply add a stack of your favorite magazines, a succulent in a fun pot and a hot cup of coffee to complete your cozy little nook!
Can you guess what this texture is? It's my favorite way to create a dimensional stamp! What are your favorite techniques for creating textures or stamps for paper and fabric design? See my full steps for creating my printed fabrics and upholstering a cushion in the blog post below!

• Canvas
  • Fabric Paint
Lindsey McCord

• Stephanie Rountree

This is gorgeous!

• Beth

I don't know if you are old enough to remember Vera, who was a famous fabric designer, most notable for her sheets, but she would have loved this!