DIY Mason Jar Foaming Soap Dispenser

My kids love foaming soap but I hate the ugly plastic dispenser! So glad to have found this, Mason Jars are so much cuter! And the foaming pump helps your soap last longer!
diy mason jar foaming soap dispenser, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, fireplaces mantels, mason jars, repurposing upcycling
A few years ago I bought a Lysol foaming hand soap mostly to get a hold of the container. I knew as soon as it was gone I’d go back to my favorite hand soap (I love the Honest Company’s) and be refilling it for a long time
If you already have a mason jar and lid, and a foaming soap dispenser this project is super inexpensive, and quite frankly I think the Mason jar has more character than any other dispenser I’ve found!
If you want your Mason Jar lid ring to be white go ahead and spray it before getting started. It will need to dry before we get started. You can leave it gold or silver if you’d like, I would have loved to find a vintage lid for this project, but since I couldn’t I opted for painting mine.
Now we’re going to cut up your lid so that it will fit in your metal ring. If you have the metal insert that goes in it, use it as a template and just trace a circle around it. If you don’t then just lay your ring down on your lid and trace around it, cut a little within the line and then trim it until it fits. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
Then you'll need to cut a hole in the plastic about as big around as the bottom of your pump!
Now take your silicone and goop it generously around the edge of the screwy part of your pump. (Goop and screwy part are, by the way, technical terms)
Now place your pump into the hole in your lid. Run your finger around the edge to smooth out the silicone and remove any excess!
Allow it to dry and it's ready to use!!
Hop over to my blog for more detailed instructions & my "recipe" for foaming soap to fill your new dispenser!

Far From Normal

• Barbara

How do I get to your blog?

• Albertmay

I've tried this again and again. I've painted the top. They always that. Any suggestions?

• Eroque022810

Wow its my day, I just read another person who pinned using jars in bathrooms to store items I love this I too hate those plastic ugly dispenser and it doesn't hold enough soap. Thank you thank you for sharing.

• Marie Thibeault

Very good idea,,,,