Easy Pumpkin Glitter & Glitz

Here's an easy way to give your pumpkins a little glitter and glitz! I did paint the pumpkin to give it a brighter finish. This project can be completed very quickly, yet yields beautiful results!
The first step to create this bejeweled pumpkin was to spray it with a semi-gloss off-white spray paint.  I allowed it to dry overnight.
The first step to create this bejeweled pumpkin was to spray it with a semi-gloss off-white spray paint. I allowed it to dry overnight.
I added a scrapbooking decal that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  It was super easy to use, but takes patience to very slowly peel the decal from the backing.  The decal remained in one piece, and I  carefully applied it to the pumpkin.
I added a scrapbooking decal that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. It was super easy to use, but takes patience to very slowly peel the decal from the backing. The decal remained in one piece, and I carefully applied it to the pumpkin.
The last step was to finish it off with a ribbon bow by pushing a floral pin through the bow into the pumpkin.  This is such a simple project to create a detailed, glammed up pumpkin!
The last step was to finish it off with a ribbon bow by pushing a floral pin through the bow into the pumpkin. This is such a simple project to create a detailed, glammed up pumpkin!
I also used scrapbooking owl decals on a few miniature pumpkins and added them to my mini cupcake stands to add a little pizzazz to my kitchen fall decor.
I loved the little owl decal so much that I also added one to the top of one my cupcake stands.  A cute little touch for fall.
I loved the little owl decal so much that I also added one to the top of one my cupcake stands. A cute little touch for fall.
Kathy Life on Lakeshore Drive

• Linda

Beautiful! My question: when you purchase the decal does it have the beads on it

• Judy Schubert

You mentioned that you painted the pumpkin with an off white color of spray paint. What brand did you use and can you recall the name of the shade of off white that you used? Indoor, outdoor, craft?
  • Angie Hall

Are the pumpkins real