Easy Cornucopia Activity

It is that time of year when fall activities and crafts are in the making. Here is a fun activity for trick or treaters or Thanksgiving that the kids will love making!
Gather all of your supplies before you get started. To see a full list of what we used be sure to check the blog Daily DIY Life
Once you have all of your goodies, it's time to make the edible cornucopias! This part will be for the adults to make, since you are using the microwave and the cones will be hot.
Dampen a paper towel, squeeze out all of the excess water. Cover just the tips of the sugar cones with the wet paper towel. Microwave on high 20 - 30 seconds. Depending on the power of your microwave.
Working quickly, use a skewer or a small dowel to curl the ends of the sugar cone to look like a cornucopia.
Fill the sugar cones with all of your favorite fall treats. We put ours in plastic baggies with no zipper. Tied them up with a pretty ribbon and gave them out to friends and family who loved them!
Super cute, and a fun festive treat for the kiddos to make this year! If you like this post, be sure to sign up for our NEWSLETTER so you can be the first to know when a new project is posted.

• Sugar cones
  • Fall Treats

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Heather @ Daily DIY Life

• Angela
    Angela

Why do they need rolling??? Sweets won't fall through or could deal with melted chocolate at bottom

• Dianne Koory Lasley
    Dianne Koory Lasley

Where can you buy the cones? Love this project! Thanks.
  • Judy
    Judy

Doesn't anyone notice the hook, or "curl" is supposed to be to the side? This reminds me of a scorpion's tail . I actually made this years ago on top of a spice cake, iced in chocolate and then made the fruit out of icing and food coloring. (candy would work too). Just another use for a homemade cornucopia, which I think are so much fun.

• Kathleen
    Kathleen

i will be making these. what a ''great'' idea. we will be selling them at our churches bingo, for fall. know they will sell like hot cakes. thank you.

• Jea48478960
    Jea48478960

I made these!! Fun! I rolled the softened sugar cone over a wooden spoon (well, the last three I did that way!) they look much better with the curve the spoon provides.
    Super cute, Super easy .. definitely will do again!! Thanks for sharing!!