How to Make Cut Flowers Last

When your garden is in full bloom, I am sure that you have a plethora of flowers to cut and enjoy indoors. Here are some tips to keep your cut flowers fresh for as long as possible.
http://gardentherapy.ca/make-cut-flowers-last/
When your garden is producing flowers that are just incredibly beautiful, many of you like to cut them and bring them indoors.
I have some tips for you that will keep your flowers looking their best for as long as possible.
Morning is the best time to cut your flowers while temperatures are still cool. You also want to make sure to clip flowers that are in full bloom. Otherwise, they may never reach their true potential.
Use a sharp knife and cut just above the leaf node. For more detailed cutting instructions, visit the blog... http://gardentherapy.ca/make-cut-flowers-last/
For woody stemmed flowers like hydrangeas, dip the top of the stem into boiling water and then put them into cold water. For lilacs, smash the end with a hammer before adding them to an arrangement.
Display flowers in a cool place in your home away from direct sunlight. You can also visit the blog for an easy recipe for a floral preservative to add to your arrangement and for even more tips on how to keep your flowers fresh.

Stephanie @ Garden Therapy

• Cel Daniel

I use a copper penny and 1 tsp sugar. Seems to work!

• Martha Psaltis

I will be getting some flowers from my son for Mother's Day, I will try the copper penny and sugar mix for the flowers, I hope it works.