Melanie
Melanie
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Canada

Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Centrepiece

$7.50

This centrepiece is so simple to make you will laugh! My sister is hosting her first
Thanksgiving dinner in her new home for our entire family so I wanted to make her something special and unique. That was the easy part. Hard part was figuring out what I was going to make it out of.
quick and easy thanksgiving centrepiece, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, thanksgiving decorations
I was in the dollar store wandering the aisle looking for something, when I spotted a spring form pan. I knew immediately what I was going to create my centrepiece from. I knew I had two of the same size at home that I inherited from my mother in law when she moved sitting in my basement. I have to say I was giddy with excitement!!
I purchased two of these centrepiece rings and some corks for $7.50 and raced home to get started.
I painted my spring forms in Venetian Gold metallic paint with a brush, you can use spray paint. Once dry I put one inside the other so it looked like this. Make sure to put the clips on the bottom so the cannot be seen.
I put my two fall centrepieces together, placed my form in the middle to centre it and secured it with my glue gun. I glued the cork on top and added some fall garland I had on hand.
Next I made a cute little bow out of some burlap ribbon and placed my battery operated candle inside. I can't wait to show my sister. I know she is going to love it!

• Beverly Johnson

Would it be safe to use a smaller real candle?

• Mary

Very pretty!!! What purpose is the cork on top?

• Melanie

The purpose of the cork is to look like the stem of a pumpkin. I know it would have looked better painted but I was designing it with my sister in mind and what she would like.

• Martha Taylor

Could you use a stem from a pie pumpkin in place of the cork for a more realistic look?

• Elaine

You certainly can but if you don’t have one, simply go outside and break a 3” or 4” piece of a twig then glue it to the top. If the twig has too much bark for your liking, carefully scrape some off with a small knife.