How-to DIY Faux Birch Candles for $1.00!

I'm sharing how you can create your own faux Birch candles. You can do it for $1.00! It's a great PB knock-off! All you need is your own candles and some "wood" contact paper from the Dollar Tree.
*I would also say that you will not want to burn the candles with the paper on them.*
You could use a candle in a glass if you want to burn the candle. In that case, you would cover the glass instead of the actual candle.
Click over to the blog for the complete details>>>http://www.houseontheway.com/diy-faux-birch-candles/
DIY Faux Birch Candles
Wood-like Contact paper from the Dollar Tree is the perfect cover for your candles.
The contact paper is cut to the height and circumference of your candle, for the perfect coverage.
You can also vary the amount of the candle that you cover with your contact paper.

3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
House on the Way - Leslie

• Kay

How would contact paper stand up to heat? I am worried about the heat from thr candles against the contact paper. Kay Adelaide Australia
  • Tracy L. Henson

My biggest question with contact paper & anything round is: how do you get it to go on flat?!? I'm new to using it for updating/decorating & this seems to be my biggest hurdle. Thanks!
    • Ali31712377

A cylinder is easy to cover if you lay it on the side and started by lining up the base edge with the paper edge then roll the cylinder on the tacky side of paper, just be sure to keep it even.

• Joanie

I bought this same wood look contact down at the $ Tree. I'm goin' to cover my desk top. It is almost identical to this old desk of mine. Your candles look real!!

• AlexG

Super cute but unfortunately all I see is a fire hazard. Sorry!