How-to DIY Faux Birch Candles for $1.00!

I'm sharing how you can create your own faux Birch candles. You can do it for $1.00! It's a great PB knock-off! All you need is your own candles and some "wood" contact paper from the Dollar Tree.
*I would also say that you will not want to burn the candles with the paper on them.*
You could use a candle in a glass if you want to burn the candle. In that case, you would cover the glass instead of the actual candle.
Click over to the blog for the complete details>>>http://www.houseontheway.com/diy-faux-birch-candles/
DIY Faux Birch Candles
Wood-like Contact paper from the Dollar Tree is the perfect cover for your candles.
The contact paper is cut to the height and circumference of your candle, for the perfect coverage.
You can also vary the amount of the candle that you cover with your contact paper.

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
House on the Way - Leslie

• Kay
    Kay

How would contact paper stand up to heat? I am worried about the heat from thr candles against the contact paper. Kay Adelaide Australia
  • Tracy L. Henson
    Tracy L. Henson

My biggest question with contact paper & anything round is: how do you get it to go on flat?!? I'm new to using it for updating/decorating & this seems to be my biggest hurdle. Thanks!
    • Ali31712377
      Ali31712377

A cylinder is easy to cover if you lay it on the side and started by lining up the base edge with the paper edge then roll the cylinder on the tacky side of paper, just be sure to keep it even.