How a Wine Cork and a Glass Pan Lid Make a Good Pair

$0

I have a lot of wine corks waiting for a new DIY project. A few minutes of thinking in the middle of my kitchen, and I knew what I had to do. I gave up the usual holders for my glass pan lids and used wine corks instead.
Now they look so lovely that I fell in love with the result of this DIY project developed with absolutely no cost at all!
This step is optional, but in case you take it, it has to be the first thing to do. If you decorate your knobs like I did, get a sharp thin marker and draw on the wine cork patterns like the one you see above or anything else at your choice.
Whatever you choose about design, you still need to protect your knob from steam and humidity, so apply a good coat of varnish all over it, then let it dry.
In the meantime, unscrew the old holder from the lid and clean the surface that has been covered by it.
Place the washer on the inner side of the lid, then screw the wood screw through the hole, to the other side.
Turn the cork upside down, and mark the center of it. Place the wood screw (with the lid attached) in the center and gently screw it until it stops drilling through the knob.
Don't push it too hard, or you might break it!
This is it! It's so easy you could change all the holders in minutes, isn't it?! Click on the link below to see more pictures of this pretty project that I've made with no cost at all.
Check may blog, as mnd many other DIY adventures are waiting for you on Obraznicaturi.com!

• Wine cork  (reclaimed)
  • Glass pan lid
  • Wood screw 3/4 of the cork long

Gabi

• Bh.10110350

dishwasher safe?

• Gabi

I am sure they are not. I think is the same thing as washing wood in the dishwasher. I did not try yet, but I will.

• Hilary Milner

Are the lids strong enough to pick up if you say that you may accidentally split the cork when attaching?

• Lju15084778

Could you use wooden thread spools for this project?

• Gabi

Yes, for sure. There's no way I could get some, otherwise I would used them too.

• Liz Weiss

While creative, I'm not sure I would want to make additional work for myself...hand washing?

• Michelle Perram

I love this idea! Some of my pot handles get hot but the cork wouldn’t retain heat like metal. Thanks for the idea.