Jewelry Display From Upcycled Windows - Thrift Store Find!

A few months ago I told you the story of how I came to own these old windows and showed you what I did with one of them. A friend of mine found these and texted a picture to me. Is that a compliment that my friends think of me while they’re at thrift stores? Anyway, they were at a shop across town that I don’t ever go to so I asked her to pick them up for me. They were marked $3 each but guess what she actually paid for them? (Click over to the blog post to read the whole story and see what she paid for them.)
See ALL my thrift store makeovers HERE.
Here’s what the windows looked like when I got them.
They still had hinges on them so I just reused them where they were. As you can see in the photo below, the screws on the left side or original. I added the screws on the right.
I gave the wood frames a couple of coats of my current favorite white chalk type paint.
Then I screwed cup hooks across the top to hang my necklaces.
And here it is on my shelf at Paris Flea Market!
Thanks for reading about my project.
Leave a comment and let me know what you've been upcycling and repurposing. And don't forget to sign up for my email list so you can get ALL our projects sent straight to your inbox!

15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim

• Neva Dew

.so what did she finally give for the windows?... Please don't leave us hanging..

• Lori Ward-Laatsch

In the last pic are the earrings and necklaces on sale? I ask because of the tags they hang on. I have a beautiful over the door mirrored jewelry cabinet but the earring hanging is only good for the hook type not post type earrings and I have been racking my brain for a solution, I have even though of just sticking a thing of Styrofoam in a bare area and just pushing them in.

So these cards made me think that maybe I could do that and hand them in there, but I am open to any suggestions. This link shows it, it is much neater than mine is right now  but you get the idea, those little holes are impossible to stick the back on behind the bar so that didn't work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QNTN6MY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Sally Hernandez

They look nice but u can also use them for family photos n display them hanging it would look great I think..I'm going to try that

• Sharon

Love this idea! I have been looking for nice storage for my necklaces - especially the long ones.

I have another idea I want to try to take this to the next level...make the unit fold AND mount it on the wall. Now to play until I get that figured out.