An Almost Free Cinder Block Porch Bench

$26

I copied the idea you had posted on Home talk with a twist. This cost me $26.00 to make
I had help to get the 6 cider blocks out of the dumpsters of where a new home was being built. Here you see they are dirty and need to be cleaned of dirt and cement before painting them. I had paint made to match the outside color of our house. In the dumpster was a dirty 12 foot piece of wood. It was sawed in half and cleaned up. We have a narrow covered area on the front porch where I needed something and this bench was perfect.
Painting the wood seat of the bench. You can see I used special masonry exterior paint.
Here is a close up of the condition of the wood. Mud and cement all over it. It scraped off so easy I was surprised.
The pieces of wood were covered with tile pieces to make a pattern and design in the middle. The end product was grouted with a watery mixture since the grout had sand in it and the spaces were very very tiny.
Only the bottom, ends and sides were painted. Then tile adhesive was used on the wood, then the work of placing each tile. Once dry and cured the grout was added. You need to wipe off excess grout with a wet sponge 3-4 times. Then polish the tile with a clean cloth.
To make sure the bench would be secure the cider blocks were glued together using a quick set product made for this purpose. I left them to dry over night. Then the finished 2 piece seat was added the next day.

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas

• Rik Shafer

I like the tiled board. Still looks like cinder blocks. Wonder if there's some way to disguise that? Maybe stucco>
    • Marc

We have a cinder-block garden and it looks very industrial...like cinder blocks. However, my wife is taking broken pottery and glueing it to the sides to make it look nicer. We are in the early stages of doing it...her idea, but I think it will look cool.

• Tom Crosby

Concrete blocks ?
  • Robin Hollis

You say that you got 6 cinder blocks. I only see 4 used. Am I missing 2, or are they just not there?

• Cindy Kluchinsky

There are 6...2 each on the bottom and then one lays sideways on the tops of them on both sides.