From Busy Stenciled Walls to 2017 Calm

I had stenciled my foyer walls and quickly grew tired of them. Using the Sherwin Williams 2017 Color of the Year, Poised Taupe, I gave them a new, calmer look.
from busy stenciled to 2017 calm, bedroom ideas, chalk paint, closet, fireplaces mantels, foyer, home decor, painting, wall decor
The walls had been stenciled and it actually took me a long time to do them. I can't believe how quickly I tired of the look!
Here's another look at the stenciled walls. I'm glad that I only used a stencil and not wallpaper (I had been contemplating wallpaper) because I did get tired of a pattern on my walls.
Here is my foyer now. I had Home Depot color match SW Poised Taupe. The paint was Behr in an eggshell finish. It covered all of the stenciling in one coat. Impressive!
The color is warmer than the gray that had been on my walls previously. Sherwin Williams says if Gray and Brown had a baby, it would be Poised Taupe - a great combo.
The wardrobe is an old piece that I found at a thrift store.
Here is the wardrobe before I restored it. The full before and after is here: Armoire Before and After
I painted it in a combo of blues that complement the Poised Taupe.
I'm also very happy with how the foyer paint color coordinates nicely with my living room, which is painted in Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige.
A warmer look just in time for fall!

• Paint  (Home Depot)
  • Paint  (Annie Sloan)

The Painted Drawer by Suzanne Bagheri

• Lori

I love the trunk coffee table. Where did you get it from?

• Hi Lori, I had a client who was downsizing and I was doing a few pieces for her. She had this trunk and a few other pieces of furniture that she gave me as she didn't want them any longer. It's an awesome, old trunk and I love it! Thanks!

• Norma Abonce

Can you tell me the exact name of colors that you use for the walls

• Patsy47

She tells you in the description.....read it.....again completely!

• Norma Abonce

Can YOU tell me theWhat extact color name that you used for the walls