DIY Faux Brick Tutorial

$35

I asked my good friend Jessica to fill me in on this fabulous DIY Faux Brick she did in her gorgeous home. She says this faux brick project has made a huge difference in her house and it only costs around $35 for all the brick supplies. (The lumber & supplies for the arch were about $65.)
Make sure you have a blank even surface and start by measuring each "brick" out. I used 1/2 inch masking tape to separate each square, which also acts as a template for your mortar. Once the whole surface is taped off you then will use a large spackling knife & cover the entire thing (over the tape & all) with joint compound.
While the joint compound is still wet you will start peeling the tape off. This my friends, is the messiest part of the whole project! After all the tape is removed, let the joint compound dry over night. With it all dry it's then time to prime the whole thing & let that dry for about 2 hrs.
To find out how to do the rest of this project, head over to the link to my blog at the end of this post!

• 1 or 2 gallons of joint compound (amount depends on the size of project)
  • 1/2 inch masking tape
  • Level

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Sarah Melito

• Mar25642852

Absolutely gorgeous, and perfect for my daughter's home! One Question: What did you use to fill in the under-side of the arch, before taping and using the joint compound? Thanks.
  • Lisa

Do u have a video on this.

• Cher

The blog link take you to a Chinese link?...not certain about that didn't go further! Do you have this posted on Pinterest too? Love it looks so good!

• Joanie

No questions just wonderful comments. I love that pillow with a "J" and I want it. My name is Joanie...........I LOVE archways and yours is the MOST beautiful I have even seen!! IN brick is unique and so overwhelmingly gorgeous!!!!
  • Pol7862167

Hi beautifu work. But the lamp how to make on